Kaléo program students need to meet all of the general admissions requirements of Briercrest College. These include:
- Be a professing and practicing Christian
- Have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 65 per cent in five approved courses which must include at least one academic English course (with a grade of at least 60 per cent).
- See Briercrest College Admission Requirements for full details.
Leadership development and ministry involvement is an integral part of the Kaléo program. As part of the program, students will join the Camp Qwanoes team and lead weekend retreats together with staff. Due to the uniqueness of this program some additional criteria are required of Kaléo program students. Kaléo students must:
- Be single (not married)
- Be 23 years of age or younger
- Display a godly lifestyle and good standing in the local church
- Have proven leadership potential or a strong interest in developing leadership skills and abilities
- Be willing to serve in a variety of ministry contexts
- Submit a criminal record check to Camp Qwanoes